Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tulsa Tough- Day One

Last night the Tulsa Tough Bike races started in the Blue Dome district downtown. I was able to go into work early for a meeting and left early and headed downtown to watch a few hours of racing. The speed that these guys and gals go on bikes is absolutely incredible. If you have never experienced some criterium type racing, you need to at least once.
We found a seat on the curb and started enjoying the races. The kids had their cowbells and we were ready. Will looks extremely excited.
We were surrounded by the Tulsa skyline. That is the Williams building behind us.
Cat III racers were already going when we go there.
Some of the Cat I/II racers coming around the MET center.
Start of the Women's Pro race.

There is two more days of racing and rides and I encourage everyone to come out and ride or observe. I planned on doing a ride this morning, but I have been feeling like crap for a few days and just slept in. Not my ideal thing to do, but my body needs rest. Have a great day and I am going for a run in hopes of trying to sweat this thing out. See ya there tonight!

No comments: