Monday, June 1, 2009

It's Official!

Well, it's official, three days of Tulsa Tough are done and I signed up for the Leadville Marathon in July. I was disappointed that I was not able to do many of the rides this weekend, but my body obviously needed a rest. I did do the Tulsa Townie on Sunday with my daughter who went through the kids program for a free bike.
I felt good enough afterwords to sneak out for a bike ride on the River trails. I left when the Cat I/II started and came back just in time to see the finish. I rode up to the Turkey Mountain parking lot on the west side. I have not been running at Turkey Mountain for awhile and could not believe what has happened to the parking lot. It has been repaved and you have to park east of the normal parking lot. I will spending some more time out there in the next 6 weeks as I will need to get some hill training in.
Wyatt enjoying the action.
Mother looking really thrilled that I took her picture.
Start of the Pro's race. Floyd Landis was here all weekend, but it sure looked he was not trying really hard every time he went by. It was great for Tulsa that he was here and I hope others like him come back.

I am looking to forward to heading to Colorado next month and doing the race. It starts at 10,200 feet in elevation and goes up Mosquito pass at 13,000 feet. I have never been at altitude, let alone raced at it. We will go up a week ahead of time to acclimate. It ought to be fun. I will have more details in the weeks to come. It was a great weekend!

3 comments:

T Z said...

I'll be very interested in your reports and how hard you have to work to suck in enough air to run there. I have had my eye on this 26.2 for a couple of years, but I am a little intimidated by the high altitude. So go....be my guinea pig!

Bobby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobby said...

Nice reporting on the Tulsa Tough.