Friday, January 23, 2009

Crazy

Things have been absolutely crazy lately and I have not been able to do much on the blog, let alone anything else. I was able to get out last night and do a social run with the Tulsa Running Club hosted by Fleet Feet. I ended up running with a guy named John who is taking the same swimming clinic I am doing next Tuesday with Karlyn Pipe-Nielsen at St. John's. She holds over 200 Master swim records and has been the Masters swim athlete of the year two years running. I am excited about it with nervous apprehension. I know I need to improve, but I don't want to make a fool out of myself. I guess you have to start where you are at.
It turns out that John is also in the St. John's Indoor Triathlon tomorrow at St. John's. My heat is at 10:30 am and his at 3 pm. If you are extremely bored or want to watch some good athletic competition, come out and root us on. I am still nervous about the swim, but at least it is in a pool and I can stop and catch my breath. I have already checked out the bikes and the area and I should be good to go. We run 3 miles around the little track which is 33 laps. Fortunately, we will have a counter. I am planning on going under an hour, but I am thinking that I may be able to get under 55 minutes. We shall see. I just don't want to bonk in the swim. I will let you know what happens.Have a great weekend and make sure and get outdoors even with the change in the weather. Brrrr.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Good luck at the tri. Don't drown.