Monday, March 2, 2009

Late, Late Report

It's been awhile since I posted and I am really late on my report for the Sweetheart's run. Julie did the 5K and I did the 10K. My goal was to run the 10K faster than her 5K, which may see kind of cold hearted, but I really wanted it to motivate her to run her best. Julie has done a few 5K's and really struggles to run on the pavement. I was just proud of her for wanting to run it.Here she is sleep walking as a warm up. I'll have to try this.
I can't believe the guy in the Harley shirt just farted!
Do I really have to do this?
Sprinting towards the finish. So fast that she was a blur. She caught a fellow co-worker at the end and passed her. Why?Me coming across the line. I had to pull up some at the 4K mark as my right lower hamstring tightened up really bad. I still managed a good time, 40:23. 12th Overall and first in my age group. And yes, I missed beating Julie by 6 seconds.
This is totally unrelated, but this a collage that my daughter did for a project on the 60's at school. I just thought it was cool and threw it in. Yes, you can do a report on the 60' s and not talk about drugs.

There are a lot of races coming up this month, St. Patrick's Day 5K, Snake Run, and March in Okarche Duathlon. I had better get rested and healed up so I can perform at my best. I hope to see you at the races!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Way to go Julie!