Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I Love St. Patrick's Day. My great grandparents were from Tipperary County in Ireland and emigrated to the US during the potato famine. I love Irish dance, folklore, songs, and all about the native Land. Enjoy the day and remember your heritage!

Last Friday was Shannon's 10th birthday. She is now officially in double digits and I am not happy about it. The thought of my little girl growing up pains me, let alone her dating. Ughh!. I do not envy anyone who tries to take her out. At her request we took her to Texas Roadhouse and she had to sit on the saddle to get yeehawed at and get some free ice cream. I have seen some TATUR's do weirder things for a lot less.

I ran the St. Patrick's Day 5K on Saturday and ended up with a 19:10 and second in my age group. Weather was great and had a great time. I did not get any pictures as Will has the camera and he is on a GUTS Spring Break trip to Houston to work with Service International. He is to be back tomorrow night.

Next up is the Snake run this Saturday. I am going to take it is easy and see what happens. This will be a good way to get some miles in and maybe sign up for the OKC Marathon. Enjoy the scenes from Texas Roadhouse.

The misses!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Yum! Texas Roadhouse. One of my favorites. Wish it were my birthday so I would have an excuse to go.

See you at the snake run.